Friday, February 4, 2011

Since I cannot WAIT to get back to working out next week, I'm going to post my training plan, just so I can look at and smile in anticipation....

Monday:
Wendler 5-3-1 - Week 1 -  Back and traps
20 Pullups - Week 3, Day 1
Run - 2.75 miles

Tuesday:
Wendler 5-3-1 - Week 1 -  Chest and Calves
100 Pushups - Week 3, Day 1
Bike - 24 minutes

Wednesday:
Wendler 5-3-1 - Week 1 - Biceps and Triceps

20 Pullups - Week 3, Day 2
Run - 2 miles

Thursday:
Wendler 5-3-1 - Week 1 -  Legs and Abs
100 Pushups - Week 3, Day 2
Swim - 20 minutes

Friday:
Wendler 5-3-1 - Week 1 - Shoulders and Forearms
20 Pullups - Week 3, Day 3
Run - 2.75 miles

Saturday:
100 Pushups - Week 3, Day 3
Bike - 40 minutes
Swim - 21 minutes

You might notice a few changes here (or maybe not - heh)

1)  I'm changing my weight training just a bit.  I've heard a lot about the 5-3-1 program and it looks fun.  Plus it's got De-Loading weeks programed in every 4th week, and I think I need that bit of rest.

2)  I'm running for distance.  I've come to the conclusion that I'm just too slow to run for time.  I've got to get a few more miles in before my race, so I've picked up the last few weeks of the Hal Higdom Novice 5K program so that I can push my endurance into that 3 Mile range before my 5K.

3)  I'm adding Biking and Swimming into the mix.  That's because I'm actually  16 weeks out from my first "A" Race Triathlon and that makes this week 1 of sprint training!  (EGADS!)  so I need to get back on the bike and in the pool.  I figured I'd split my bike training by doing 1 day on the trainer during the week, and on day out on the roads during the weekend.  The weekday ride will be pretty much to the minute with some alternating resistance to simulate hills and probably to Podrunner to work on my cadence.  The weekend ride will be minimum the number of minutes in my plan, and weather permitting, on the roads.  I plan to get in a short swim mid week, and then a longer one on the weekend.  The weekend swim may, or may not be as a brick with the bike ride, and the hope is to transition to more open water swimming as the weather gets better.  We'll see, I still haven't found a place to regularly hit the open water.

And, that's that! :D 

1 comment:

  1. Which 5K and tri are you targeting! I am excited to hear about tri training. I am very curious ;)

    ReplyDelete