Tuesday, February 8, 2005

For the most part, I had a great weekend.

Saturday afternoon was rough. As I said, we had gotten to the bottom of the clothes basket. I couldn't find anything to wear and ended up pulling out a skirt that, at the end of my last challenge was tagged to go to Good Will because it was so big on me. Trying it on and having it be TIGHT really threw me through a loop. It was like I was having to look back at all those wasted months dead on. I was so upset and frustrated I just wanted to cry. I ended up finding something to wear but it didn't stop the frustrated feelings. After I left the house I stopped at the local quick mart and fought some MAJOR cravings for a candy bar. I WON though and no candy bar passed these lips.

We ended up hiking on Sunday and it was fantastic. Better yet, the hiking pants I just KNOWN were going to be too small fit. Another small victory. Actually, according to Nigel we didn't actually "Hike" we walked up a "Mound" but it was still nice to get out and breath the fresh air and bask in the sunshine. The area we had intended to walk in amazingly enough was closed! It opens today ironically enough. Ah well, another day perhaps.

Yesterday was another "On the road" day. I managed to keep it clean but it was close on occasion. Chicken salad without the dressing for lunch. AMAZING chicken Teriaki for dinner. As you might have sumized, I did legs last night. I got home at about 8:30 and didn't get changed and ready to workout until 9:00. I had moved all my weights back onto the back porch on Saturday so last night I just bundled up, turned on the porch light and worked out under the stars. It was actually really nice as the weather was cold enough that I felt comfortable in long sleaves and a turtle kneck, but warm enough that I didn't 'chill' when I started to sweat. I super setted (is that a word) dead lifts and squats again. I had picked up some new 25lb plates at Christmas so I just HAD to put them to work. COMPLETELY noodle legged myself:

Squats/Deadlifts:

50 x 15
55 x 12
60 x 10
65 x 8

Then I did a bunch of Walking lunges - I counted a 'rep' as being two steps (one for each leg) and did -

40 x 15
45 x 12
50 x 10
55 x 8

Then I did extensions and curls. It always amazes me when I do leg curls how BAD my hamstrings seem. I also have a question for all you short legged women (or men) out there. Any suggestions on how to do leg curls? My bench with the leg curl adapter is 'fixed' and I can't adjust it in any way. When I try to do curls I can't bring my legs all the way up as it's too tall and the pads would roll off. I may end up having to just eliminate the curls even though I would love to be able to do them. Anyway, so I supersetted curls and extensions...

35 x 15
40 x 12
45 x 10

At this point my hamstrings would have no more of it while my quads were still fairly happy so I did:

Curls 35 x 8
Extensions 50 x 8

After that I crawled in to the house and took some ibprophen. I was so noodle legged that while walking around later I actually had one leg give out on me and I almost fell over. I LOVE it. Of course, I'm doing the frankenstien walk today and I'm sore as HECK but It's a good kind of sore.

Other then that - lifes pretty much the same. Our 'night-out' on Suday was really nice and the resteraunt was good.

Oh - and after Satuday's mental set back - my weight being up on Sunday and Monday and STILL up today I didn't quite have a good perspective this morning when I took some measurements. I only did two because I was running short on time - But, according to the tape, I've lost 1 inch off my waist and 1.5 off my hips. And the tantia scale says my body fat is down from 50.4% to 48.6%. All GOOD things. But, for some reason I wasn't in the mood to celebrate a ONE INCH loss off my waist. Instead my first thought was, Only an inch!? I've put it into perspective now though and I'm ready to say - WHOO HOO! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment