Thursday, February 8, 2018

Dude at the gym totally pissed me off! He and his SO were hanging on the leg press talking when I started to do my squats. They were still on it - now arguing when I finished. I waited another minute and finally just walked up to them and asked how many sets they had left... The guy says he doesn't have any, but SHE might, he's not sure. (she never would answer me)

 He starts to walk away but then turns around and tells me, "There's a machine over there that does pretty much the same thing - it's more stable and easier for you. You should use that, it's easier."

Just because I'm fat doesn't mean I'm out of shape :| and your SO may be skinny but she's using just the sled with no weight (l lift 300+ lbs on it) so why don't you tell her to go use the other machine?! 

Now on to happier things - I'm ahead of goals in weight right now. (whoot!!) It's thursday which is normally when I start to hit the Danger zone for me so I'll need to keep my safe word top of mind (Hawaii) (I've been 'good' three whole days after all)

 Wait a minute! - I just had an inspiration. Words matter - and thoughts like "I've been good..." may not be the best thought for me. Because I'm a 'Rebel'.

Gretchen Ruben in her book "Better Than Before" talks about the four tendencies:

Upholders: respond readily to both outer expectations and inner expectations
Questioners: question all expectations, and will meet an expectation only if they believe it's justified
Obligers: respond readily to out expectations but struggle to meet inner expectations
Rebels (me): resist all expectation, outer and inner alike

 So, when I start using words like "I've been good" my rebel personality puts on it's leather jacket, black eyeliner, lights a cigarette and pushes the 'good' me into the bathroom and gives it a swirly...Then eats 10 doughnuts just to prove that no diet is the boss of me, I can do what I want!!

No comments:

Post a Comment