Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Three days in a row....

three days in a row of getting up at 4:00AM. It's finally catching up with me.

the good news? I'm down, but not out! I'm tired but not using it as an excuse to eat poorly.

This morning I did a back/shoulder workout, then hit the eliptical for 10 minutes and finished up with a 20 minute HIIT workout. I was tired while doing my HIIT, but didn't feel anywhere close to 'bonking'. I guess I'm eating enough and getting enough sleep to keep my energy levels up for my workouts. That's encoragining.

today is the last of my 'lower calorie/lower carb' days. I'll have to pre make the next two days meals tonight. I've already planned them so it should be reletivly easy. I'm liking this new plan - a LOT.

By the way, in case your curious as to my new plan.. here you go.

Five days a week (Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat) are lower carb, lower calorie... This translates to 1800 Calories at 45% Protien/30% Carbs/25% Fat.

Two days a week (Thurs,Sun) are higher carb, higher calories. This translates to 2000 Calories at 30/50/20.

I'm working out 5 days a week - structured that is.

30 minutes weights and 30 minutes cardio every day

I have a three day split:
Chest/Triceps
Legs/Biceps
Back/Shoulders

I've not had a solid plan for cardio but I think I'm going to do HIIT Monday Wednesday and Friday then some sort of Moderate Tempo Cardio the other two days.

----------

I've been doing this for three whole days so far.. heh but I can say that I'm happy with my energy, and results so far. The best part has been how good I feel mentally... After working out yesterday I was walking around feeling like a million bucks. I felt tighter all over and more attractive. Granted, working out for three whole days in a row won't change your body that quickly, but I FELT like it had and that was enough to keep me focused on my goals and avoid anything outside my plan.

I'm really feeling positive right now and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment