Monday, September 19, 2005

I took the time yesterday and packed ALL my lunches for the week. Hopefully that will help to keep the chocolate monsters at bay.

My weight was up 1 lb this week. Considering the 'timing' I'm not surprised or especially concerned.

We went to the gym yesterday. I took my kids. It was actually a lot of fun. I took my 17 year old through a circuit training workout - helped my 12 year old work her legs and tried to get my 14 year old son to pick something to workout on and not just bounce from machine to machine. We all did cardio together after that. My son did the elliptical. then that weird machine I never seen anyone use where you pedal like a bike but with your hands, then jumped back on the elliptical and finally settled on a bike. My youngest jumped on an elliptical and it was like she was BORN on the thing... she just went to town and had a ball. My oldest and I grabbed Treadmills side by side and I walked her through a 20 minute HIIT run. She did a great job keeping up and I think was surprised how easy it was to run 1.5 miles that way.


Unfortunately, because I had a free day and Saturday and WAY overdid it - I ate too little yesterday (went by my hunger instead of eating what I knew I needed). So this morning's workout seemed to be missing a little 'umph'. Was certainly a lesson in nutrition. Even so went I sent to do curls I was able to lift 20 lbs for 12 for two sets, and then 6 of the next set of 12. Before today the most I had lifted with 20 lbs in a row was 6! I also hit legs today: Front Squats, Single Leg Extensions, Curls, Dead Lifts and calf raises. Tomorrow Abs and cardio.

There is no doubt in my mind that if I get my program firing on all cylinders - with the workouts I've been having I'll be seeing tremendous results - I'm tightening my mental belt getting ready to face this week. One day at a time...If I can get in the groove NOW - it will sure make it easier to make it through the holidays without damage...

No comments:

Post a Comment