People who are interested in losing weight
- Stick with it until something better comes along
- Take action only if tey "feel like" doing it
- Need to see results in order to stay motivated
- Blame people or circumstances for their struggles
- Easily give up when they face challenges
People who are committed to losing weight
- Stick with their plans no matter what
- Take action whether they feel like doing it or not
- Assume that if they stay motivated, results will follow
- Take responsibility for their own actions
- Keep going in spite of challenge and setbacks
In your diet or exercise plan, identify a task you don't feel like doing, then do it anyway!
-- I've really been struggling with excercise and I don't know why - probably because I forgot to bring my 'do it anyway' attitude to bear. Well it's come to bear now and I'm not going to let my 'feelings' determine weather I do it or not. It's time to be committed to all aspects of this lifestyle. In fact, it's time to be more committed in a lot of things in my life. I live way too much of my life just 'interested' in the things around me. I really do believe that living life to it's fullest means making committments and keeping them.
Notice how it feel sot accomplish a goal by taking a "no matter what" approach to it.
-- Just changing my thinking to "no matter what" gives me a burst of energy and a feeling of satisfaction - imagine what actually living that will do.
In your notebook, make a list of actions you plan to stick with today, regardless of howyou feel at the moment.
-- Get in a short bike and run - despite the rain
-- Eat an extra serving of veggies at dinner
-- Go to bed early and get all the rest I need for tomorrow's big day.
So - anyone reading this blog? Have you committed?