Saturday, May 2, 2009

100 Days - Day 3 - Do it anyway

Commited means do it anyway

People who are interested in losing weight

  • Stick with it until something better comes along
  • Take action only if tey "feel like" doing it
  • Need to see results in order to stay motivated
  • Blame people or circumstances for their struggles
  • Easily give up when they face challenges
People who are committed to losing weight

  • Stick with their plans no matter what
  • Take action whether they feel like doing it or not
  • Assume that if they stay motivated, results will follow
  • Take responsibility for their own actions
  • Keep going in spite of challenge and setbacks

Today:

In your diet or exercise plan, identify a task you don't feel like doing, then do it anyway!

-- I've really been struggling with excercise and I don't know why - probably because I forgot to bring my 'do it anyway' attitude to bear.  Well it's come to bear now and I'm not going to let my 'feelings' determine weather I do it or not.  It's time to be committed to all aspects of this lifestyle.  In fact, it's time to be more committed in a lot of things in my life.   I live way too much of my life just 'interested' in the things around me.  I really do believe that living life to it's fullest means making committments and keeping them.

Notice how it feel sot accomplish a goal by taking a "no matter what" approach to it.

-- Just changing my thinking to "no matter what" gives me a burst of energy and a feeling of satisfaction - imagine what actually living that will do.

In your notebook, make a list of actions you plan to stick with today, regardless of howyou feel at the moment.

-- Get in a short bike and run - despite the rain
-- Eat an extra serving of veggies at dinner
-- Go to bed early and get all the rest I need for tomorrow's big day.

So - anyone reading this blog?  Have you committed?

No comments:

Post a Comment