Sunday, May 3, 2009

100 Days - Day 4 - Boundaries, not diets

Picture your diet program as a road or a path.  You can define the boundaries ofyour diet road....

Boundaries stay flexible... they allow for common sense and good judgement.

During times when you're strong and focused on your diet, you move the boundaries closer together, making the road narrower.  When you takea break from your program or work on maintenance, you widen the boundaries... 

But even on a really bad day, you never eliminate the road or get off of it completely.

Narrow Road
  • Medifast 5&1 with no snacks or 'extras'
  • Some form of excercise 45 minutes a day/6 days a week
Wider Road
  • Medifast 5&1 with a MF snack such as crackers, or a serving of nuts
  • Sorm form of excercise 45 minutes a day/3 days a week
There's no doubt in my mind that there will be and even wider road down the line.  But right now I'm focused on getting to my first 'mini-goal' of 170.  At that point I'll decide how fast I want/need to continue and base my narrow/wide road from there.  Transition will be another excercise of determining what my boundaries are.

No comments:

Post a Comment