Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Honorees

Although doing a triathlon has a dream of mine for several years, I am doing the Lavaman in HI for not only myself, but for everyone who's effected by Leukemia, Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma, myeloma and myelodysplastic syndromes. With this in mind there a few few people who I will be specifically honoring during my race on March 29, 2009.

First: My cousin Katie Mueller. We thought she had beat the Leukemia the first time it hit at six, but a few years later it came back and she lost her long hard battle. I wish I had known her better...

Next: The brother and sister of a good friend and coworker: Cheryl Knowles, and Mike Walby Both lost to Leukemia

And then there are the Team Honorees: Lauren Bishopp, Henry Gruen, Mark Zafra, Maya Wiegel-Murphy, Michelle Arnau, and Ulysses Basconcillo

I will do everything I can to honor you all.

3 comments:

  1. What you are doing is an awesome thing. But keep in mind one other person that will benefit from this. That other person is YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know - that is true. I guess a part of me struggles with feeling a little guilt at how much benefit _I_ am getting from all of this! after all I get to do a triathlon - in HI!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel any guilt Shawn, it is the nature of Team in Training. We get into it hoping to help others and make a positive difference. And we do. But along the way, we find that as hard as we work, as much as we put into it, we get even more out! It is an amazing fact about doing something like this. Keep up the good work! Art

    ReplyDelete