Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tenatively - I'm OK

So I decided to try the measly little 15 minute run that was on my workout schedule for tonight. The initial verdict? My knee is sore but not painful -- if you know what I mean.

Since I was only running 15 minutes I decided to push it a little. Run just a smidge outside my comfort zone. It showed in my times. 1.1 miles in 15 minutes - that's a 13.38 min/mile - probably my best so far! :)

However, I have found that running intervals with my watch is kind of annoying. I was hoping I could figure out a way to make it beep every minute while the stopwatch was going, but apparently it doesn't have that feature. That means I spend a lot of time looking at my watch. I have my eye on the nike+ and now I want it more then ever - it's on my Christmas list for sure.

The only other 'hassle' I'm having is now that the weather is cooling off I'm finding my lungs are complaining. I have an inhaler for times like these but I don't really like using it. I was hoping a little conditioning might get rid of this wheezing. we'll see :(

But I'm going to focus on the positive- I might not have totally FUBARed my knee! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment