Friday, November 4, 2005

Today was a first for me - I finally got to meet another BFL blogger! Hi Cristie!

We met, had lunch and had a GREAT time. For those of you who know her - she's even more fun in person - neener. The best part was when we sat down to lunch, looked at the menu and she said "I'm not eating BFL today". I went "Whew! cause I really would like a Patty Melt". A little good food and a good company goes a LONG way. I can't wait to do it again.

To top it all off I managed to get out of bed at 4:00AM today. Ok, well _I_ didn't. The alarm went off and my fiance got up and turned on the light. I love that man!

After a warm up I did chest - I Love chest day almost as much as my honey...

The workout:

Flat Bench Press (+ bar): 60 x 6/70 x 6/70 x 6
Incline Dumbbell Press: 45 x 6/45 x 6/45 x 6
Flye: 25 x 6/25 x 6

Then because I had extra time I did some abs

Cable Crunch: 130 x 15/150 x 15/150 x 15
Roman Chair Leg Lifts: 10 & 10

I did my cardio last night too so I'm on a roll! 20 minutes of interval training - Incline from 1.5% to 3% @ 4.3 MPR. It felt fantastic.

Also - Irene from muscletank mentioned the bay to breakers race and that got me thinking. It's a 12K on May 21st. I'm happier doing my cardio when I'm training for something. I've got PLEANTY of time to train for a 12K so .. I'm doing it. THEN my honey mentioned that they are bringing back the run for the far side. It has a 5K division on Thanksgiving weekend. I thought to myself - why not! So I think I'm going to do that one too! I'm so excited and feeling ON FIRE. Thanks Irene.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm so jealous that you got to meet Christie, but so glad you had a great time! BFL-eating or not, LOL!

    Secondly way to go on getting up for your workout and kicking butt. I so admire those of you who train for (and DO) those races. I'll be cheering for ya!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks jess - I did a 5K a long time ago and LOVED it. I felt a 100 Feet tall when I crossed that finish line - I can't wait to do it again.

    ReplyDelete