Wednesday, August 20, 2003

195.5!! Yay! I've finally started loosing weight this week! I ran last night. What a great experiance. I wish I had a tape recorder in my head to keep track of all he things that are going on in it while I run. I kept to the walk 1 minute jog 3 format. Minute 0 and 1 were an easy warm up, as was minute 2. minute 3 was the first minute of jogging, and it was pretty easy to get started. I start out jogging as slow as I possably can. Practically a walk. But it's a good warm up. There was a Soccer team practicing on the field in the middle of the track and I was feeling pretty self contious. All these lithe quick guys. I just knew they were watching me and thinking "What in the heck is this fat chick doing? and why is she so slow?" I kept up this argument with myself saying, "You are NOT the center of the Universe, no one is looking at you." But it was hard. About minute 5 Things got really hard. My shin on my left leg, and the ankle on my right started hurting. I tried to ignore everything on my body below my waist, and that helped some. I tried to keep my mind on other things, practiced visulizing my body as I would like it to look. Long strong and shapely legs that carry me easily. I managed to keep up the visualizations for most of the rest of my run. Thinking abut having a nice flat stomach, and strong shapely arms. The only problem with doing it, is that I would tend to speed up too early, and I would have to remind myself to slow down now and then. I also imagined peoples reactions when I could flex a decent muscle and/or show off a six pack. It would be kind of funny to have the guys at work panting... heheheh. Especially one who's made some 'honest' but hurtfull commments on my figure before. I probably shouldn't think that way. What do I care what other people think. But I do. I would love to use my fiance's reation as motivation, but he's reactive to my body, no matter what shape I'm in. NOT that I'm planning to show my body off to anyone else!! One guy kind of gal here... but, just in the 'girl walking by' kind of way. It would be fun to have a whole new body for next years company river rafting trip. Nothing like wearing a bathing suit in front of your coworkers to huble you. Anyway. I finished up my run very strong. Somewhere around 18:30 the nausia started. I knew then that I was doing it right. I was pushing myself to new limits. It felt good in a 'sick' kind of way. And I kept it up all the way to minute 19. I streatched afterwords, and my foot feels pretty good. I'm really happy that I've been able to keep this up, and not have a lot of pain.



Eating wise I did good. We had a GREAT dinner of stuffed chicken breast, and I stayed on plan ALL day. Today should be a challenge, as I have a meeting for work after hours and won't be able to eat dinner at home. I know that the food they have at the meeting will be crappy!



I need to drink water! The meds the Dr gave me say I need to drink Extra water. I did really lousy yesterday. I drank about 4 sodas. And the worse part is I didn't even have any anguish over it. I just bought them and drank them. I'll do better today.



Well, I'm off to do my lower body workout. This should be interesting since I just ran last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment