Friday, August 29, 2003

Quote I am in a good mood. I know not why but alas it remains. The morning is glad to meet my gaze and I to return the favor upon the world. (My Fiancé)



Last night was cardio night and another HIIT Run for me. For the first time in a long time, I took my cd player with me. I always run faster with the tunes in my ear, and Evanescence is a GREAT motivator. Unfortunately, I think I started out a little too energetic because when it came to my last interval, I was SPENT! It took everything I had to keep going, and I had nothing left for a sprint at the end. When I quit, I my stomach, abs, quads, calves, all were cramping. While walking home, the feeling in my body brought to mind one of George Leonard's "Keys to Mastery" in his Book "Mastery, The Keys to Success and Long-Term Fulfillment", Practice. And not just Practice, but Practice with purpose. For me the Practice of weight loss and fitness includes eating right, and exercise. But one of the major changes in my life is that I do both 'with purpose'. I don't just follow my diet, I stick to it religiously... I've realized that my diet is part of a larger purpose and what I eat EACH day does make a difference and each meal is another step on the path I’ve chosen. It’s the same with exercise. It's not enough to move around the track for twenty minutes and say "I've exercised". I've got to put myself in a situation that's uncomfortable. I have to push myself beyond my preconceived limits. Is this paying off? Do I see results? Physically I believe I am seeing results, the real challenge will be when those become less obvious. Will I be able to continue to practice with purpose through the plateaus? I would like to think so. Because, for me the results I'm seeing arn't only physical. The changes on the inside are even greater, and I believe will continue to be so. So I'll push myself, further and further... and I'll be better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment