Thursday, August 7, 2003

The fat fairy must have visted me last night because this morning I woke up and the scale was down 2 lbs!! Ok, so I know people are starting to grumble about me wieghing everyday, so I think I'll explain. I weigh daily, or at least try to. I record those weights and then at the end of the week, I average them for my 'official' weigh in. What I look for is that the average weight goes down. After all, as any woman can tell you, a simple change in hormons can cause an overnight gain of 5 or 6 lbs sometimes. My way of weighing in tends to negate those water gains, and I think keeps me more mentally stable. Last week my average (and I missed weighing in two days) was 199.9. This week my average so far - 199.9! And I'm feeling good about that. Add the fact that I'm feeling good today, and I've got a much better mental outlook.



Here is what I've noticed so far:



I'm starting to feel more energetic in the mornings, and I'm hoping that eventually I'll be able to get up early and do my workouts then. Yesterday the shorts I wore (wich were just slightly too big before) were fairly hanging off me. I think I could have pulled them off without unbuttoning them. The slacks I put on this morning feel a LOT more comfortable, and I don't have the roll at the top of them showing against my blouse. I'm standing taller (thank the pilates) My ring fits better. AND, I cheeted and took my waist measurement (where I see losses first) and it's about 1 - 1.5 inches smaller!! yay!



I'm going to have to remember all these postives when the going gets tough! I've also figured out that I need to drink more water. I think that has a lot to do with the overwelming hunger I've been feeling, and the shakeyness. I've really tried to focus on my workout this week, but I may have to shift focus just a little to the water so that I feel better.



Other parts of my life seem to be benefiting from all this work as well. I'm finding it easier to keep up with the housework with the extra energy I have. This morning I was able to make sure everything was picked up and neat before I left, and it's a great relief to know it will look like that when I get home. That way I can do my workout as soon as I hit the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment