Friday, January 28, 2011

Yesterday was so tired first thing in the morning I actually slept until 9:00 AM (after going to bed at 10:00PM) - missed the gym and ended up working from home - bizarre.

And, today was another one of those days. Just felt mentally drained and tired. 'Snoozed' the alarm for almost an hour before getting out of bed and still was dragging by the time I got to the gym. I guess it was noticeable because a guy (who I had never talked to before) said "Too early in the morning huh?" As he walked past me.

Cable Rows: 6 reps x 140 lbs x 3 sets
Lat Pulldowns: 6 x 140 x 2
Barbell Row: 6 x 115 x 2
Dumbbell Shoulder Shrug: 10 x 80 x 3

100 Pushups - Testing: 10, yes I did 10 pushups in a row without stopping (I feel like such a wimp!)


Despite feeling like crap - went up in weight on all exercises. So it's obviously NOT muscle fatigue or lack of recovery - right?


So, a few things I'm going to try:

1)  take my Melatonin earlier in the evening.  When I drop it completely I have trouble falling and staying alseep, so I don't want to do that - yet.

2) if #1 doesn't help, I'll drop my dose down.

3) if that doesn't work... Stop taking it at all.

Alternatively I'm considering changing to another 'natural' sleepaid.  dunno, we'll see.  I've battled with sleep issues my whole life and would really like to have a more natural/normal sleep schedule.

Anywho - after that I went over to the treadmill for my run.  I was running late, but figured something was better then nothing so I did a quick 15 cardio with 5 minutes of a walking warm-up and 10 minutes of running - made it 1 mile.

Mentally I just feel BLAH still -

(men - if you're reading this, you can skip this part - it's 'girl stuff')

I know that much of this mental up and down crap right now is hormonal.  It's rather ironic that before switching (back) to paleo my periods were really erratic and I would go months without one.  1 week on paleo and I have my first period in MONTHS and now it's back, a month later like clockwork.  And with the period has come the hormonal erratic mentality that make me -- well pissed honestly.  This down in the dumps, then up in the clouds, then red with anger ping pong shit... I don't have time for it.  I seriously want to grab myself by the shoulders, shake myself and scream "GET OVER IT!!"

I know, I know, this too shall pass.  Next week I may even forget I ever felt this way.  Until then, will someone please slap me with a herring?

No comments:

Post a Comment