Wednesday, November 19, 2003

I'm still employed



Got back from my lunch... and while things didn't come out as good as I had hoped it WAS better then I had expected. I am NOW classified as Project Manager with a 'token' raise. Enough that it's going to help.... Not enough to keep me from a 'passive' job search. AND the fact that I was mad as HE|| about the pettiness they have been badgering me must have been apparent as the entire issue was sidestepped. Probably the worse part of the entire lunch was that he took me to this Greek restaurant. EVERYTHING was FULL of fat. I picked through what I ordered and ended up having to buy my own food later...



Now to decide 'next steps' I've pretty much decided that I need to get my bachelor’s degree *sigh*, what a LONG process that's going to be! It used to be that a degree was not worth the money you put into it in the IT industry, now most jobs I see are wanting a degree, even if you have 12 years of experience. Our industry has changed I'm pretty sure that it's not for the worse, but I feel a little left behind. Now I have to catch up, and it's not going to be easy. BUT, I've taken control of my life recently in ways I never thought was possible. I'm finding I speak my mind more then ever, even when it may cause a conflict. I'm doing what needs to be done and I'm positive the last 12 weeks have had a LOT to do with it. I've realized that I'm capable of great things, and that even great things take small steps to make happen... And #1, sometime you have to live through a small set back in order to make great gains later. Yeah, I might have to stay with this job a while longer and accept the lower pay, but I KNOW I'll have the time it will take to truly commit to getting my degree. Once that happens, there will be no stopping me.



Ok, enough of my 'brain dump'.

No comments:

Post a Comment