Monday, November 24, 2003

It's Monday - time to train



The weekend went GREAT! It was nice and relaxing and I sat around and enjoyed the peace. For the first time in four months no part of me hurts. It's nice, but not a feeling I expect to last for long! upper body workout is planned for today and I can't wait to get to it! Upper body is always my favorite so it's a great way to get back into things. I can't wait to see how I do on the dumbbell press as I was ready to up the weights last workout and I'm always stronger on my first day back. This should be a FUN workout.



My weight has been 180 for DAYS, and that's GREAT! My average for the week was 180.8 lbs; the best EVER! I'm supposed to be upping my calories by 200 this week (to 2000). I see how that goes. So far my body's handled the extra CLEAN food well. I have TONS of energy and now I just need to start burning it. Add some more mass to my lean mass.



My fiance has grabbed ahold of this program and RAN with it. We've cleaned up his diet SO much. He's already starting to drop some fat off his abs in less then a week. We figured out that his biggest problem was NOT eating during the day. Probably why he was coming home at night exhausted. Before we moved he would go home at lunch and usually have a decent lunch (whatever was leftover from dinner the night before - and I tend to cook pretty clean) but now we live too far away and he was grabbing fast food or eating nothing at all. Then he'd get home and go straight for the ice cream and/or cookies. It's been so cool to watch him pick up on his bad habits and make the changes. For a man who knew NOTHING about food, micronutriants, and diet he's learned REALLY fast.



Of course I'm learning a lot too. keeping my sugars low and trying to add even more fibre into my diet. Not to mention more calories. Making sure to take my multi vits too.



I guess you could say I'm feeling fine and dandy today! Of course it helps that it's a short week and I'm entertaining over the Holiday. I LOVE cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I thrive on all the planning and prep work (sick I know). I made chocolate covered cherries last night from cherries that have been sitting in Brandy since last year. I even managed to keep my fingers out of my mouth... well except for the couple of times that accedently dipped my finger ALONG with the cherry and burned myself with the chocolate.



Ok, ok - I'll stop rattling on! I'm seriously thinking about starting my workout now.. cause I'm bouncing off the wall here!

No comments:

Post a Comment