Thursday, October 23, 2003

Feeling good and looking good today. Had a girl at work say my face is looking thinner. She's one of the few I've told I'm dieting, and is known for giving out compliments when she wants something from people, so I had to take it with a grain of salt. Still, I'm feeling really good. I'm starting to feel as though I have the 'power' again. You ladies know what I'm talking about right? The one that makes a group of guys go quiet when you walk by... in a positive way. *grin* I'm working on remembering to improve my posture throughout the day. Standing taller and hold in my abs. I know I'm regaining my "I've got a secret" grin because people give me that puzzled look from time to time. I feel GREAT! lol! I just re-read what I've posted an realized that I've now said I feel good three times! I guess that's how good I feel!



I caught a group of folks talking about a diet they are doing together. When I asked them about it they said it was called "The Kaiser Diet" I did a search and couldn't find anything so when I asked further I got some murmer about it being a diet where you "Eat what they tell you for three days and then eat whatever you want for the other four". The alarm bells IMMEDIETLY went off in my head and I did another search, this time for "Three Day Diet". WOW - I can't believe that people would do this to themselves and actually believe it's healthy!?



for those of you like me who had never heard of it before, here it is...



(snipped from http://www.mikebrownsolutions.com/3day.htm)



-----------------------------



The Basic Diet

1. The first day of this diet you fast. During the fast, drink plenty of water.



2. The second day you consume only fruit and fruit juices.



3. The third day you consume only vegetables and vegetable juices.



4. The rest of the week you eat normally. Just don't overdo it.



You can use this diet for as many weeks as you want.



You may want to do it once a month.



Everytime you complete the three-day diet you will lose weight.



It is impossible not to do so.



-------------------------



Yeah, starve yourself for three days.. it's impossible not to lose weight! THAT'S a GREAT solution



I'll just have to keep plugging along in my own journey and hope that eventually they will see in me a HEALTHY way lose that fat...



And yet... I doubt anyone will ask. I have discovered that folks are more likely to talk to other overweight folks about diets and weightloss then to someone who's fit (myself included) It's as if we don't want to REALLY face what it takes to make the changes. The one girl who complimented me on my weightloss KINDOF asked me what I was doing, but as soon as she found out I wasn't taking a 'magic pill' or anything like that her eyes glazed over.



Not much else to report. Clean eats so far and should continue to be so. Have upper body planned for tonight. My last one for this challenge, I'm going to hit it for all I'm worth. OH, and I didn't win the lottery *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment