Tuesday, October 7, 2003

Yesterday I spent most of the day in bed. I wasn't feeling good. My stomach churned everytime I ate, I ached from head to toe, and I was completly wiped out and couldn't figure out why. It wasn't until late in the evening that I realized that TOM had come to visit! Normally I'm waiting for the booger, but I guess with the stress of testing... he just snuck up on me (and he was 4 days early too) The surprising thing is, and again I don't know if I was just so involved in studying that I didn't notice, but I didn't have a single day last week where I went.. "Hmmm.. PMS!" I'm hoping that the diet, excercise and suplimentation is making a difference. I know that I only had one 'depressed' day all last month, and for someone who used to spend a week in the dolldrums, that's a major accomplishment!



Today was an insane day at work.. one meeting after another, then my run, then shopping for my fiance's birthday, then dinner... etc.. so that it's 11:00pm and I'm just now getting a chance to stop in. The good news is that I'm GREEN! (Was yesterday too actuallyeven feeling like crap) Nutrition was spot on today!



I had a little hiccup on my run. As I said, I was in a hurry, tons of things to do, but my run was #1 priority. So, I changed as soon as I got home and rushed out, headed to the track. I was 1/2 way there when I realized that once again I had forgotten my watch! At first I thought I would do what I did last time... just count to 60 for each interval, but that was rather hard to do. Instead I thought, why not shake things up a bit... try something different... no one says I HAVE to do HIIT EVERY cardio session. So I continued my warm up walk and mapped out a workout plan. When I got to the track I started jogging when I got to the first bend... I continued to jog until I made it around the second corner.. then I sprinted the entire straightaway (over 100 yards).. I then jogged the corner and sprinted the next straight away... I did that 5 times. Then I jogged two corners (one straight away) and did one last 100+ yard sprint. It felt so cool to push myself like that... and amazingly I REALLY feel it in my quads, and the muscles in my waist just over my hips.. I don't think they are the obleacs (sp?) but maybe they are. I just know I feel it, and it feels good! I'm going to have to add that as a periodic.. shake up to my routine.. just like my 'long' bike rides every two weeks. helps to keep the body confused.. right?

No comments:

Post a Comment